.

Friday, April 25

N!DA

They are on their 9th day of hunger strike.


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Tags: activism, azadet, Azerbaijan, democracy, dictatorship, free speech, N!DA, NIDA, police state, trumped up charges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Flying Carpets and Broken Pipelines. I started this blog in 2008.

Flying Carpets is about Azerbaijan (where I am originally from) and a little bit about Turkey (where I live). Flying Carpets its mostly politics, and rights issues that I deeply care about and want to see change some day.

I hope it offers at least a tiny bit of glimpse into a country that has so much potential and yet wasting it all thanks to its leaders.
My photo
Arzu Geybulla
View my complete profile

Total Pageviews

Looking for something?

Popular Posts

  • The city of blinding lights (part II)
    Couple of years ago, when I was working as a consultant/researcher for an English company, we (the team of researchers and consultants) had...
  • "Some countries change mindsets of our students"
    This quote title of the post is dedicated to Azerbaijan's Minister of Education- Misir Mardanov- who believes that when choosing a count...
  • Reasoning
    When, on May 10th, a large group of youth activists was arrested because of carrying flowers, wearing black as well as protesting the celebr...
  • 'Running scared' from Interpol
    For some it is the most important time of the year. For others its just yet another reason to crack jokes. Yep, here we are, for yet another...
  • Azerbaijan during the European Games: what you probably don't know (part 2)
    So apparently a new limitation (or more like a ban) is imposed on the local residents of Baku. Turns out now the residents who reside in bui...
Simple theme. Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.