Tuesday, November 18

Aliyev's very own russian roulette

There is a song called "Let it be" by Labrinth. It goes something like this: 
Baby this is a Russian roulette
And it ain't my gun
Hallelujaj I ain't dead yet
And I'm still going strong
I don't know about tomorrow
But the battle ain't done
In our version of the story, it is our government holding the gun. They control, they spin, they pick, they shoot. There you have it, another sacrifice is made, another rights defender jailed, journalist threatened, voice silenced. 

You have to understand, this is the reality. Its not the flame towers, its not the new trump tower and revolving bar at the top of new hilton hotel. Its none of that. You know what it is?! It is how government shits and vomits on its very own people, and on its very own kind. This is the extent of respect. Because they know they can do it. No matter what. Because the people are silenced. Fear has taken over them while hunger blinded them.
In this reality, some take the shit and the vomit. Some build walls around them to avoid it but only temporarily.

This is the reality! Roulette spins, red or white, odd or even, it doesn't matter, because the government holds the control button and they hold the gun. 

And very few brave ones are ready to step in, and take the bullet. This is the reality of our Azerbaijan. 

There is another line in that song that goes:
I'mma go out fightin'
And leave my scars
I don't know about tomorrow
But I know I got heart
There, that is one thing that keeps the brave ones going I suppose- them knowing they have a heart and keep on fighting. For how long though? When will it all end?

No comments: