Friday, November 19

Adnan and Emin are FREE!!!

Yesterday, while I was giving a training in Sheki for local women on social media and writing, I received a phone call from a friend in Baku telling me Adnan was released from prison. I couldn't process what I was hearing at first. I couldn't believe what he was saying... Adnan... released... free... 

The news was great and it was getting better. Later I actually spoke to him. It was exhilirating to hear his voice on the phone. He congratulated me on my wedding and apologized for not being there :) 

Baffled by the release himself he said he wasn't expecting this given he had 12 different trials none of which were fair. 

"I want everyone to know that I'm not a hooligan and I'm not a criminal", said Adnan in his interview with Reuters yesterday.

Below is the video interview with Adnan right at the court, after he was released:


And the second best news I am just receiving now. Emin Milli released today as well!!!

No comments: