Monday, December 22

From the series of bizarre Azerbaijani customs

So I am curious. Just how many European leaders ask their counterparts to pay tribute to their late parents? 

The only nation doing that is Azerbaijan (I am sure, or perhaps I hope, there are others but certainly not within Europe, where leaders - unlike that of Azerbaijan - are elected democratically).

Isn't it a bit strange that one would be asked to lay flowers or even visit the grave to begin with? 

I thought of this as I was reading this piece, where the author is too asking the same question. So not only the Minister visits the grave of the late president, but also the grave of late first lady. 

Bizarre, but then these days, money can really make people do bizarre things in bizarre countries following bizarre traditions. 

No comments: