Thursday, February 3

AZ Cookbook and my first oatmeal raisin cookies

I enjoy cooking and baking whenever I have time from work. Most of the time, I use different sources- my mom's cook book and her rich recipe selection of cakes, sweets, salads and other delicious goodies. But I also like combining things a little, so I use various cook blogs and websites that come in handy when I want to try something different. 

Today I baked oatmeal raisin cookies and while there were many different recipes online, I decided to go with the one I found on no other but on AZcookbook.com. Its a weblog run by an Azerbaijani woman, named Farida and has many different and yummy recipes, accompanied by pictures. Previously I used it for making tomato dolma and it turned out just as perfect though I only used peppers and tomatoes. I would like to send big thanks to Faride for posting the recipe and making it available. 

Below is the recipe:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (i used powder cinnamon)
1/4 teaspoon salt

You mix these four ingredients together in one bowl. The on a side, in a different bowl you mix together the following ingredients:
125 gr of butter (cut in small pieces at room temperature)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar 
1/2 cup granulated sugar (i used approximately 1 and half cup of granulated sugar only)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (i used vanilla powder)
1 1/2 cups of rolled oats (here is how they look just in case: http://bit.ly/hE1NGY) 
2 cups of raisins (I used much less, probably half a cup and it was enough but if you want to have the cookies raisin rich then you should probably add more, maybe a cup and a half)

After having mixed these contents together, combine it with flour mix and mix well. Then drop the dough by heaping tablespoons but don't place them too close to each other. Perhaps three of four in each row. 

Place in a preheated oven (180C) and let it bake for about 15- 20 minutes until light brown. I had about 28 medium sized cookies. Here is the photo :) 


Enjoy and don't forget to visit azcookbook.com for other recipes and also you can try Epicurious.com

Nush olsun!

2 comments:

Ł. said...

They look tasty. Yum! I'd say I want some and I'd probably run around cursing... but luckily I have some quite nice cookies I bought today.You're lucky, you have an oven at home, by the way :)

Arzu Geybulla said...

Hehe, then not only look tasty but they are actually very tasty :)) Well, enjoy your cookies too then.

And yes, I am lucky after almost 7 years of living without an oven i finally have one :)